||Des Moines, IA
July 31 - August 4, 2017
- Registration deadline - July 28
- Registration starts at 8 a.m.
Aspen Athletic Club
10930 Hickman Road
Des Moines, Iowa
Grades & Time:
- 8:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Boys & girls entering 2nd - 10th grades
- Grade determined by standing fall 2017
- All campers will be separated by grade, size and ABILITY. Some children will be moved up a grade or two if we feel they can handle playing vs. older and more advanced players. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Welcome! It is with great excitement that I invite you to participate in the 28th Annual Born Youth Basketball Camps. My commitment to conducting the best camps in the state of Iowa has never changed. I want my camps to be the best camp you can attend...in the country! I have a great passion and love for the game and hope that my entire staff can pass this along to everyone who participates in the camp. I also want everyone to have as much fun as possible. Becoming a Player is hard work, but I believe the game should always remain fun!
The "competition camp" has become a favorite of many Players. We will have daily full-court games, individual and team contests, team play, fundamental skills and lots of fun! Other important areas of becoming a Player are sportsmanship, positive attitude, teamwork, work ethic, discipline and good listening skills. We focus on these areas as we proceed through the week together. The camp is great for boys and girls of all ages!
Players excel during the season, but are developed during the summer. Come join me and my staff as we help everyone strive to be the best person and Player you can be!
Hope to see you this summer!
Michael J. Born - Camp Director
- Please send in full payment with application.
- Checks payable to Michael Born Basketball Camp.
- Contact Michael Born at email@example.com for team discount info.
- A $50 cancellation fee will be deducted from refunds.
- If you plan to attend both camps ("Competition Camp" in the morning and "Nothin' But Net Shooting Camp" in the afternoon) the total cost of the two camps will be $300 (not $320).
- If you plan to have your child attend both camps there will be a supervised area by our coaching staff each day where the children will be able to eat lunch. Lunch must be brought by the child each day.
- Camp T-shirt
- League competition, contests and awards
- 10:1 player/coach ratio
- Camp Carnival (various contests)
- Daily full-court games
- Outstanding coaches!
- Structured daily camp schedule
Campers need shoes, socks, T-shirt and shorts
For more information:
Call 503.260.4772 or 515.225.0848 or hit contact us on the menu bar
Michael Born - Camp Director:
- Charlotte Hornets - Scout (2015-2017)
- Portland Trail Blazers - Director of N.B.A. Scouting (2004-2014)
- Former Iowa State Cyclone (1986-1989)
- Over 25 years camp/clinic experience
* Michael Born - Camp Director
* Scott Wilke - Former University of Colorado basketball player and former HS coach in Colorado
* Randy Barrick
* Current and former men & women collegiate players
* Local high school coaches