nothin' but net camp
||Des Moines, IA
A great camp for any Player who wants to really improve his/her ability to shoot the basketball!
July 29 - August 2, 2019
- Registration deadline - July 26th
- Registration starts at 12:30 p.m.
Aspen Athletic Club
10930 Hickman Road
Des Moines, Iowa
Grades & Time:
"Nothin' But Net Shooting Camp"
1 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- Boys & girls entering 2nd - 10th grades
- Grade determined by standing fall 2019
- All campers will be separated by grade, size and ABILITY. Some children will be moved up a grade or two if we feel they can handle playing vs. older and more advanced players. Please contact me if you have questions.
Welcome to the 30th Annual Born Youth Basketball Camps. My commitment to conducting the best instructional shooting camp in the state of Iowa is second only to having as much fun as possible. Becoming a Player is hard work, but I believe the game should always remain fun!
In the "Nothin' But Net Shooting Camp" we will focus on the proper fundamentals and techniques of shooting. We will practice proper footwork, proper shooting form, as well as lay-ups, set shots, bank shots, free throws and jump shots. We will work hard at developing both the right and left hand for shooting, passing and ball handling. Becoming a good shooter is difficult but is also attainable. We will work daily on understanding how to become a better shooter. I feel this is one of the best shooting camps in the state!
Other important areas of becoming a Player are sportsmanship, positive attitude, teamwork, discipline, work ethic and good listening skills. We focus on these areas as we proceed through the week together. Daily full-court games and contests add to the atmosphere, build confidence and help instill the love of competition. The camp is great for boys and girls of all ages!
Players excel during the season, but are developed during the summer. Come join me and my staff as we help you strive to be the best person and Player you can be!
Hope to see you this summer!
Michael J. Born - Camp Director
- Please send in full payment with application.
- Checks payable to Michael Born Basketball Camp.
- Contact Michael Born at email@example.com for team discount information.
- A $50 cancellation fee will be deducted from refunds.
- If you plan to attend both camps ("Competition Camp" in the morning and "Nothin' But Net Shooting Camp" in the afternoon) the total cost of the two camps will be $300 (not $320).
- If you plan to have your child attend both camps there will be a supervised area by our coaching staff each day where the children will be able to eat lunch. Lunch must be brought by the child each day.
- Camp T-shirt
- League competition, contests and awards
- 10:1 player/coach ratio
- Camp Carnival (various contests)
- Daily full-court games
- Outstanding coaches!
- Structured daily camp schedule
- Strong "fundamental shooting" instruction
Campers need shoes, socks, T-shirt and shorts
For more information:
Call 503.260.4772 or 515.225.0848 or hit contact us on the menu bar
Michael Born - Camp Director:
- Indiana Pacers - Scout (2018-current)
- Charlotte Hornets - Scout (2015-2018)
- Portland Trail Blazers - Director of N.B.A. Scouting (2004-2014)
- Former Iowa State Cyclone (1986-1989)
- Over 30 years camp/clinic experience
* Scott Wilke - Former University of Colorado basketball player and former HS coach in Colorado
* Current and former men & women collegiate players
* Local high school coaches
* Local high school players